Since this is our first summer in Bellingham, we are now able to see and feel first hand what it's like in our Condo when the sun sets in the evenings. Oh my gosh!!! From about 5:00 pm until after 9:00 pm the sun comes directly into our front room. I swear we could get sunburns just by sitting on the couch with the door open. We actually get a double whammy with the reflection off the water. It's so beautiful but there is no way we will survive if I don't get some type of blind on the windows to block the direct sun while it sets. We thought we could get away with doing nothing! Ha!!! So, I ordered some blinds on Monday and have to wait for two weeks for them to be delivered. Just have to leave and go for a walk down by the water while the sun sets. Don't you all feel sorry for me?
On one of our, actually "our" only walk was downtown to look at the falls on Whatcom Creek just before it enters the ocean. Whatcom Creek is the first area of water closest to us when you look out over our balcony. The river and falls are beautiful and the trail along side the river is shaded and beautiful as well. We would have walked along for a ways but alas, nature called and we had to leave before something horrible happened. I did walk quite far to see if they had rest facilities but couldn't find anything Dad would be able to walk to. Anyway, here are the pictures I took on my phone. Enjoy!
 |
| Whatcom Creek Bridge originally built so an army back in the day could cross the river. |
 |
| Looking down from the observation deck. |
 |
| Don't you love the Greek Fisherman's hat. I love it on dad. |
 |
| Natural bathtubs carved by the swift current. |
We are going to Seattle tomorrow afternoon to spend the night so we don't have to get up so early Thursday to be to the courthouse by 8:30 am. Yes, I'm nervous!! Just don't know what to expect. I'll let you all know what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.