Thursday, August 16, 2012

Background information for you all......I have had some pain in my right shoulder for a number of years but chalked it up to sitting at the computer too long at one time since that is what my doctor in Salt Lake said when I asked her about it about six months ago when I started having a little more pain.  Since then, the pain has been waking me up at night so I decided since we are here in Bellingham, I would go to an Orthopedic surgeon to see what he thought.  I went a couple of weeks ago and he told me he suspected I have Bursitis but since it wakes me up at night, he wanted to do an MRI to just make sure I didn't have more going on.  So, last week I went for the MRI and this morning I met with the doctor again to receive the results.  He said it was good news and bad news.  The bad being I have a rotator cuff tear and other smaller problems starting to show up.  The good news, if there is possibly any good news, is he doesn't want to do surgery until I have had a few months of physical therapy to see if it will get better.  I wasn't quite expecting that.  So, needless to say, I will see a physical therapist to get some exercises I can do at home and will do them until we come back up here the end of January and see him again to see if things have improved.  (Does this sound familiar Janice??)  With Dad's experience with his shoulder, I am a little nervous about having surgery but am very comfortable with this doctor.  He has only been in practice here since 2010, is very young, and seems to be very knowledgeable.  So, for now, I will wait and see.  Seems like there is always something to worry about when you get older!  I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.