I forgot to post a picture of my latest jigsaw puzzle. It is a 1000 piece puzzle that seemed to take forever. I waited for Becky to get here to help me with it because she is a jigsaw puzzle whiz. We just about finished it before they left but I put in the final section that day after they left and here is the result. It reminds me of Becky when she was little and now of Courtney and her little ducklings.
I took a picture of an unusual sunset the other night. We apparently are getting smoke drifting over the ocean from Siberia. The sun looked like it was divided into horizontal sections. Always pretty sunsets here even with no clouds or smoke to enhance them.
![]() |
| This was taken with my iPhone so it's hard to see the detail. Very pretty though! |
One morning a month or so ago, I was sitting admiring the view. It's not uncommon to hear Seagulls squawking their usual "Mine, mine, mine" around here of course, but they seemed to be making a lot of excessive noise this far from the water. I finally looked to see what the fuss was all about and saw a Bald Eagle with a fish in it's talons circling under the Seagulls. They weren't happy and were dive-bombing the Eagle. The Eagle calmly kept circling farther and farther north until the Seagulls got tired and gave up.
This morning I heard the same kind of ruckus going on and, sure enough, another Eagle was being harassed by the Seagulls. This got me thinking about the crazy Seagulls who certainly know that an Eagle can wipe them off the face of the earth if he wanted too in less time than a blink of the eye. Nevertheless, they battled on to save whatever it was they thought they were protecting or wanted. I don't know whether the Eagle was teasing them or not and I don't know why he didn't fight back but those Seagulls sure had guts! Guts enough to fight when something to them was not right or acceptable even if it meant they would die. I admire the Eagle to stay strong and I admire the Seagull more now that ever before. They may look harmless and like just one of the guys when you are walking along the seashore among them but if you or anyone else threaten them, it's will be a battle to the end. Love them!!!
It has been unseasonably hot here (like every place else, I guess) the past week but is suppose to start cooling down now. Thank goodness! Yesterday was supposed to be the hottest day so Dad and I went to dinner at d'Anna's Italian Restaurant downtown and then went to see "Bourne Legacy." It was very hot in the theater but not as hot as our condo would be. We enjoyed the show but still are Matt Damon fans and hope they bring him back with this guy for a finale. I almost started to cry when the theme music started playing at the end! Bring back Matt!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.