Being up here in Bellingham has brought back so many memories that have long since been pushed to the back of my mind. It has also reminded me again of how fast time goes and how easy it is to lose track of people who mean a lot to us. I had a reawakening to the times we spent up here years ago with Bob and Sandy Scott. They introduced us to the San Juans. I lost touch with them when we moved back to Salt Lake so I decided to check Facebook to see if they or their sons were on there. I couldn't find Sandy but I remembered that Doug was friends with some of my kids so I emailed him to find out what Sandy's email address is and I emailed her. So many things have changed in both our families and us. It was so great hearing from them again. Sandy called last night and we had a good long chat. They want to come to Salt Lake to see us and also come to Bellingham sometime. What fun that will be!
This morning I woke up and checked my email and found an email from Bob with some pictures attached from the first trip we made up to the San Juan Islands together. Jeff and Wendy were also there on one of our trips and there is a couple of pictures of us with Wendy's brother, Jeff on the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier. I have somehow lost all the pictures I took when we traveled up here and Bob so graciously scanned some of his and sent them to me. When we moved back to Salt Lake I lost a bunch of pictures I had. I can't imagine where I would have put them. Anyway, below are the pictures he sent me this morning. It shouldn't be hard to imagine why we fell in love with the San Juans and Bellingham.
 |
| Dad was so scared of the whales! He was afraid they were going to capsize the boat. Me? I was having a blast talking to them. |
 |
| I was so excited about the whales, I didn't take any pictures! Thank goodness, Bob and Sandy had the sense to take pictures and share them with us. This is the trip that convinced Bob we needed a bigger boat. |
 |
| Chatterbox Falls, B.C. Canada |
 |
| Who are these two young, skinny people? |
 |
| The USS Carl Vinson where Jeff McNees was stationed. |
 |
From left to right: Sandy Scott, Me, Wendy, Jeff, his girlfriend, and Dad
This evening we are taking our Realtor and her husband to a new place they recommended to us just up the street. It's called "The Cliff House." It is supposed to be delicious with a fantastic view of the bay. I hope I don't forget to take pictures. It's a habit that is hard to get into even though I have a camera on my phone and it goes with everywhere. Shame on me!
|
So cool to see these photos!! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete