Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I was going a little stir crazy yesterday so I asked Dad if he would mind if I went down to Fred Meyer and walked around for a bit.  At first he wanted to go but then told me to go ahead.  I walked up and down all the aisles and did find a few things I had missed from my grocery list and some other items.  I definitely can see why people shop there.  The deli is really nice and has a nice area to order, sit, and eat.  The meat department had lots of offerings and it was well presented.  I don't remember if I mentioned that Walmart had almost no fresh vegetables and fruits or not but I was so disappointed in them.  Fred Meyer, on the other hand has a beautiful fresh fruit and vegetable section.  I'm thinking I'll have to get what I can at Costco and Walmart and then finish off at Fred Meyers.

We attended our first annual HOA meeting last night.  The attendance was good but I'm a little disappointed that there are four rental units in our building.  (There are a total of nine units).  I guess you can get a loan if there are no more than 51% of the units rented but it would be nicer if it were more like 30%.  The owners agree but, of course, those who rent don't agree.  It was nice to meet all the owners who were able to attend.

Mimi Roelof is the President and she lives two door down from us.  A very nice and friendly lady who knows what she is doing and is perfect as the President.  She and I decided a couple of days ago that we would walk whenever she is free in the morning.  We did our first walk this morning.  I couldn't believe how much easier it is to walk at sea level!  There are mostly hills around us but we made it and walked for about an hour.  We walked south just beyond the Washington State University campus into a neighborhood that is quite upscale.  They are still older homes but they have been improved.  There are so many beautiful homes! The yards are so beautiful because of all the rain and the coolness of the air.  Absolutely gorgeous!

Dad and I are going to the mall this afternoon.  I bought a magnifying mirror that is so magnified I can see every pore and hair growing on my face.  I swear!  If people can see that in real life, I'm mortified!  I can only see a little tiny section of my face at a time in the mirror and it is ruining my eyesight (more than it already is) and giving me headaches.  Trying to put on makeup with it is a joke and I can't see well enough with a regular mirror.  I love the one I have at home so I'm going to try to find one like it.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That makes me laugh about the mirror, you do need a new one. I hate having to see my own face so close up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so new at this! I don't know if I replied to your comment or just added another one! Duh! What I said was: Thanks, Wendy! I'm so glad you understand ;-) AND thanks for reading my blog such as it is!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.