Yesterday after I got back from walking and got cooled down a bit, Dad asked if I wanted to go get a Hamburger or something. That didn't sound good after all the good food we've had here so we decided to go downtown and try a little Italian Restaurant called D'anne's. I totally forgot it was Valentine's Day and everywhere would be crowded. We went a little early but still had to wait about 45 minutes. It was well worth the wait, though. We both forgot our glasses so we couldn't read the menu very well but the waitress gave us some clues and we ended up getting Chicken and Mushroom Linguini. It was really delicious! Didn't take any pictures though. It was too crowded.
Today I went walking about 9:00 am. We walked down to downtown Bellingham along Holly Street, up and down Railroad Avenue, around a couple of blocks to look at some interesting stores and then headed back up to the condos. It is so nice to be so close to everything. Of course, the big box stores aren't close but it's nice and fun to visit a small, old-fashioned place like Bellingham. In the spring and summer they have a Farmer's Market downtown which is very close to where we live. I've been told it is a little pricey but everything is local and fresh. I can't wait to see that. Mimi recommended a small bakery/deli that has good sandwiches so we went in and I picked up a menu to see if Bob might like to try it sometime. I guess it got his juices flowing because he wanted to go right then. So, he skipped breakfast and we headed down to Avenue Bread and Deli on Railroad Avenue. Dad had the Mamma Mia special and I had my usual Turkey on Sourdough Bread. I only took two pictures and neither were of the food. Take a look...
 |
| How about a magazine dedicated solely to Marajuana? Really? |
 |
| Dad reading the new Whatcom Community College Spring Class Schedule. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.