Tuesday, February 14, 2012


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!  Our dinner at the Cliff House last night was our Valentine's gift.  After spending $150.00 for the four of us, it was enough.  It's been raining on and off this morning so my walking friend and I are going to wait a bit to see if it stops or if we'll wait until another day.  I've ordered a rain/wind breaker but it hasn't arrived yet.  I have a dressier rain coat but it won't be good for walking and I want to have a hoodie which it doesn't have.

Here are the pictures from our dinner last night.  Our reservations were for 5:00 pm so the sun was just setting.  All the finer dining places in Bellingham serve local, fresh fish and fruits and vegetables.

The restaurant is obviously perched on a cliff overlooking Bellingham Bay.  It is in a residential neighborhood and easy to miss if you don't look carefully.  I couldn't get a picture of the full building for fear of getting run over.  Parking is on both sides of the street.  All the streets in the city we have been on so far are very narrow.



The sun was just getting ready to set so it was hard to get a good picture from the outside of the restaurant.


Inside looking back towards the view we have from the Condo.  The large tanker "The Horizon" moved forward a bit today.  Don't know why.  People say they haven't seen it move in three years.
Those tiny looking specks are sailboats.
 
Our realtor, Maryann and her husband Russ Angus.  Such nice, nice people!


I can't get the hang of taking a picture without seeing it on the screen with my cell phone so I reversed it so I could see it better.  Obviously I can't see it any better.  Bad, bad picture!   Is this really the way other people see me?  I shall now wear a sack over my head when I go out.
Whiskey Crab Soup.  It was creamy and slightly tangy with a little spice to it but it was delicious!  I could make a meal of it and a salad bar easily.  Dad had it too and loved it also.


Salmon Cakes -  King Salmon with garlic, red bell pepper, Jalapeno, curry, fresh herbs, and panko bread crumbs oven baked and served with fresh tropical salsa and lemon-caper yogurt.  Also served with a loaded baked potato.   Yum!  I loved it! 
Bob's Seafood Medley - Fresh fish, Scallops, Prawns, Clams and Calamari sauteed with butter, Vermouth, onions, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms and fresh herbs served with a loaded baked potato.  It wasn't his favorite.  He did like the potato though.
I got an email from my sister this morning telling me she is having shoulder surgery on the 21st.  She will call when she can.  Keep her in your prayers, please.

Around 1:00 pm the weather started to clear up so Mimi and I went for a walk.  We walked straight down the street from our condos to the trail that goes along the shore.  What a beautiful walk!  Walking along there is much nicer than walking along the streets because it is fairly level all the way.  The only trouble is you have to walk back up to the condo which is a steep climb and about did me in.  We walked about an hour and a half.  Great exercise and beautiful scenery.

Mimi and me.
A partial look at the views along this walking trail.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.