Sunday, January 1, 2012

After completing mounds of paperwork, we finally closed on the condo.  Now to the task of furnishing it and making plans for our visits.  Since this is the first experience we've had with having two homes, the first year will be a huge experiment.  Dad insists he is storing the boat there and is able to handle a boat on the ocean with just the two of us.  I, of course, totally disagree for obvious reasons.  I finally told him the only way that could happen is if we ask Jeff and Wendy to bring the boat up and spend some time on the ocean with us to see how he handles it.  They, thankfully, agreed and so they will be coming up sometime in June.

To save us huge amounts of time and frustration, our Realtor offered to have all packages delivered to her so I could buy furnishings online and have them shipped there.  That turned out to be the biggest blessing to us.  I totally underestimated how much we would have to buy to furnish a second home but was able to find most everything we need.  I found a furniture store in Bellingham that allowed me to order furniture online and have it delivered to us when we went up to "play house."  I also arranged to have Comcast set up the internet and cable as soon as we arrived.  I had called the electric company as soon as the loan closed so that was in our names.

Because I didn't want to have to get a substitute for my calling in Primary, we left on October 31, 2011 and stayed through November 4, 2011.  I didn't want to go until after our Primary Program in Sacrament Meeting on October 30th.  I'm sad because have a second home means I will have to give up my calling as Primary Chorister which I absolutely love.  Leaving that will be the hardest thing for me but I do know that no calling is permanent and I fully expected to be released anyway sometime in the near future.  Still, I love the kids and it will be hard.  After I talked with the Primary President about it, we decided I could be a permanent substitute the months we are in Utah.

Dad is so excited to get back to Bellingham!  I'm hoping this will give him an extra reason for living.  He does so much better at sea level.  He doesn't need supplemental oxygen there and his breathing is not so labored.  He definitely needs something to get him up and doing something more than just sitting around all day reading and sleeping.  It will be very interesting to say the least.

Below are "after" pictures taken just before we left for West Jordan:
































You may have wondered where the pictures of the second bedroom are.  There were some problems with the bed/trundle so the furniture store had to order in an item.  I'll post pictures as soon as it is all set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.