Friday, January 13, 2012

Dad woke up at 3:00 am and said, "Is it time to go?"  I looked at the clock and told him it was only 3:00 am and to go back to sleep.  He woke up again at 6:30 and wanted to go eat breakfast so I rolled out of bed, got dressed and we walked down to the lobby for their continental breakfast.  Then.....we headed out for the l-o-n-g drive to Bellingham.  We were a little concerned about Snowqualmie Pass because the weather reports indicated snow but it was clear all the way to Bellingham.  With a little finagling we were able to back the car into our carport space.  The Excursion isn't exactly an ideal car to park in an alley that only has room for one car to pass.  I unloaded the car then we headed to Applebee's to eat.  It was nice to be able to get out of the car and walk around and get the kinks out.  The bed felt even better.

I woke up around 7:00 am on Tuesday and watched the sun come up.  I took pictures of the bay as it became lighter with the dawn. Such a pretty view.  We can see more of the harbor now that the trees have lost their leaves for the winter.  The following pictures are what I woke up to:




The day was clear and beautiful!  When I spoke to our realtor, she said we must have brought the sun with us because it hasn't been sunny for weeks.  Of course, we bring sunshine wherever we go :-0  (Except in Idaho.  We usually bring the snow with us when we go there!)

I spent the day unpacking and putting things away.  I got the wireless set up for the computers and figured out the remote batteries were dead so Dad was happy when he woke up to the TV working.  We needed a few things from the grocery store to get by for a day so we went to Fred Meyer because it is so close to our condo.  Can you say "Sticker Shock?"  Geez!  Everything was so expensive!  I bought just the bare minimum and figured we'd go to Walmart for the rest the next day to compare prices.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.