We were scheduled to spend Christmas this year with Nikki and her family but Kole and Bryson had to be in Roosevelt for the holiday so we switched and went to Tifany's and will go to Nikki's in 2012 (This year.) We flew to Omaha on December 21st. We've had a very mild winter so far in the United States so the weather was spring-like and dry. It's always fun to visit Tif to see what beautiful things she has done to her dream home. Her latest projects were her beautiful bedroom and the kids' playroom. I don't know what she'll do when she finishes all the projects. You can't improve on perfection. While there, we heard from Nikki that they had sold their house and need to be out mid-January so they can start building their next home. Only one more after this and they should have a home completed free and clear.
Here are a couple of pictures of Tif's new bedroom.
| The kids playroom before being stained. |
We saw two movies with Tif and Ryan while we were there. First we saw "Sherlock Holmes." It was a great movie. I love Robert Downey, Jr.. He has such a "dead pan" face while making you laugh your guts out. We also saw Mission Impossible. Action from beginning to end but I preferred Sherlock.
Ryan got a promotion at work while we were there. They were excited about it and it will be good for him and the family. Way to go, Ryan!!
Tifany's new cat that adopted them and then came to Utah last summer with her four new babies doesn't even look like the same cat!! I hope I was smart enough to take a picture of her but I won't know until I upload my pictures from my camera. She now has long hair and is no longer skin and bones. She's such a mild, loving kitty. It's hard to believe with all that hair, she doesn't shed but she doesn't and that is a huge plus.
The kids have grown so much! Maggie is a little pistol. Miss Payton is still a girly Princess and Kutter is a typical big brother. Such a tease. Such a handsome and smart tease though. It's always so fun to see and play with the kids.
Christmas was wonderful! Santa dropped his load and we had lots of good food and good company.
Tifany had requested Home Depot gift cards from everyone and so we were able to go to Home Depot after Christmas and purchase her cabinets for the playroom and Ryan was able to install them and add the book shelves. They were completely stained and finished a day or two after we got home. She's very much a handywoman. Totally amazing!
Blue Bunny built a new ice cream parlor in Le Mars which is the Ice Cream Capitol of the World. It's such a fun place and so nicely done. Old time ice cream parlor feel with a museum up stairs and a shop for purchasing Blue Bunny logo tee shirts and sweat shirts and other gift shop items next to the parlor. It's a very popular place in small town Le Mars.
Of course, Tif and I had fun shopping and seeing if we could find any sales on things we just couldn't live without.
We had to catch the plane on Wednesday the 28th for the 6:30 pm flight. The kids got to come too which was not a usual thing. It was sad though. I usually have the two-hour drive to settle down after saying goodbye to them. Tifany told me later that Maggie cried when she couldn't come with us and the next day when she woke up and I wasn't there. That kind of thing breaks my heart.
| Note the cat in the corner by the door. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.