Here's the deal. I mentioned I have torn the house apart looking for Dad's keys ever since they went "missing" last week. Every night when I go to bed I go over and over in my mind every place I might look to find them. I thought I had given up looking, thinking they had been thrown away and were long gone. Last night was no different. I went over room by room places they could possibly be hiding. I've passed over looking in the coat closet because Dad always wears his "Grumpy" sweatshirt and I thought (and he thought) that was what he wore outside the day he started the car. Well, it hit me that his leather jacket was in there and it was the only place in the house I hadn't already looked so I thought to myself I would check in the morning after I get up since I was just getting to the point of not being able to get out of bed because I was so comfortable. Something told me to go check anyway and low and behold, there they were! Who knew? Looking back on it, it was kind of dumb of me not to check there when I was checking every other nook and cranny in the place. Would have saved me tons of times and taxing of my brain. I'm relieved to say the least.
The first thing I did today when I woke up was go online and send birthday cards to Bryson, Jennifer, and Kali. I'm going to try to continue sending cards along with a check (though not in the same envelope). Online makes it so easy for a lazy person like me! Bryson is turning 9 on the 10th. Jennifer is 29 and holding on the 11th. Kali, believe it or not, is turning 18 on the 16th! Where has the time gone? It's amazing to me how fast time has flown by. I sometimes wish I could hit the rewind button but then I think better of it. Kali is growing into a very fine young woman. She's smart and has more common sense than I ever had at that age. I have great expectations for her.
We finally got the second bedroom's bed put together. I haven't hung the mirror yet but here is a picture of the bed. It is a trundle bed so it has a twin bed that slides under the full bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.